Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lately I've been Running on Faith

To the very, very few who still read this blog and are upset with the lack of updates - I thank you for your patience and here you go.

It's been a surprisingly hectic last semester as a senior. I don't know how, as I'm only taking two classes - Drawing and Black/White Photography. On top of my part time and continuous recruiting for a full-time, I guess that makes up the majority of my week. But Tuesdays are great - because I get the day off and and just catch up on any loose work that I have.

Just listening to Eric Clapton's "Unplugged" album while trying to sort out some administrative work for the weeks ahead. Its a tough time, I love this city so much and I can see the days winding down as a college student. It's quite nuts to think that its almost been four years since I graduated high school and was on the path to becoming "independent". I still feel the same though - dependent on the parent's stipend and still living under the parents' roof. Same stuff, different place. Which is why I really missed the summer of 2009. I was the closest to being independent as I could be: paying my own rent, spending my own money, guilty-free recklessness on my own terms. I'm hoping I can attain that again, I am still looking to stay in the city - still looking to keep the story here in New York going as there are so many things I have yet to do.

However, on happier terms - I've fallen in love with photography. Not digital, I mean back to old school the essence hunker down and do everything manually photography. Its an absolute trip - I spend hours on end in the photolabs and darkrooms just playing around with stuff. Once I have some awesome pictures and negatives to show, they will definitely go up on here. In the meantime, I had some free time so I took pictures of some plants that lie in my apartment. Cheers and until next time - hopefully I'll have some cracking news for you.



No comments: