Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mind Over Matter

If you haven't checked my Twitter posts lately, I have been spending the last 5 weeks training for a mini-triathlon. I did it on a whim via Lindsey Fontana and its been a very tiring, discipline-testing experience. The event goes as follows:

Swim 400m
Bike 6 miles
Run 2 miles


My obstacles thus far has been the swimming for sure. Beyond that the other distances are very doable and simple. Cardio wise I have been able to do it no problem, its just that my body hasn't been able to keep up with the strain. Shin splints usually around the 1.2 mile mark really stifle me and I need to either pop some pain meds or work through it quickly before the main event on April 24th.


It has already costed me too much to buy the bike, register for the race, and so forth. Lets hope I can finish this last 10 days strong and power through this race. Will have pictures of the event up hopefully.

No comments: