Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Salad Freshness Intervention


So after months and months of eating salads in New York I have bought some groceries from home and began making my salads at home. It is to make up for all the packets of Top Ramen and Spam & Egg - over rice meals I made during summer school. I feel like I need to purge myself of the oily junk fat foods and clean my insides through eating more fruits and vegetables. Not that I'm going to take away meat from my diet, I'm just going to do this thinger where I drink a glass of OJ (w/ calcium, I found that I'm lactose-intolerant this past year) and eat a bowl of salad when I wake up. I can't help but snack throughout the day, so I bought a huge box of Sun Chips and munch on them when I'm bored, along w/ Mrs. A's salsa with tortilla chips. I thought eating salads everyday would be hard, as they were in New York, but I forgot how much better California produce is. I don't mean to be conceited, I'm just letting you know that there's better stuff here in the golden state. I remember telling my friends in the east how I missed California avocados, but I never realized how much better they were than the ones I was getting at Trader Joe's in New York. They're sweeter, tastier, and just hold together better. I ate a bowl of salad and was just aghast of how much better tasting everything is out here. Man on man, no wonder vegetarians are so happy here, they don't have to sacrifice much (well, except for the whole meat thing). I have to say, I really miss California produce, and not to mention its about 2/3 the cost of the produce in New York too, and 50000000 times better. This is about as tree-hugger, save the earth, go green as I will go. I think I'm going to go eat a barebeque tri-tip sandwich now.

Love, Peace, eat more avocados.

No comments: