Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Re-Evaluating Life's Priorities

Before I begin, here is my plug for my boys from Green Street Records. Download their new album, "Chess Moves", now for free. I've been listening to their new stuff for the last day or so and its definitely an album to listen to, real nice blend of hip hop and jazz. You can check out their blog by clicking on the picture below.




Anyway, with that aside lets get to other things.



Just said goodbye to my friend James who will be traveling to Korea tomorrow night and eventually going to Kazakhstan for a 6 week missionary trip. I was there to help him out with a little philanthropy before his travels. I wished him the best before I left, and made sure that he knew that I respected what he did.

In a time when the finding a job is tough, struggling to make ends meet is even harder, James quit his job to do this mission trip. Moreover, the guy cleared his checking account to support his own trip, which is a volunteer trip. For him to give up the stable money payment and do something that he has a passion for may be considered stupid especially a time like this, but I totally respect the man. I respect him for giving up everything to pursue something he feels strongly for, whether its by god, conscience, or any other motivation. To take a risk like this should be revered, when 90% of us would never even consider doing what he is doing.

So as James leaves on his flight, I wish you the best of luck in what lies ahead for you. I know my donation for you is not much, but I hope you can get at least through the first 4 weeks with food before you have to get creative. I support you in what you do, and though I may not be religious, I'm glad that you've found something that drives you so strongly, something that I can confidently say the majority of the people in this world haven't found. Be safe, come back with stories, and may you spread your word.

From one brah to another:
Safe trip my man!

No comments: