Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Emotion Jumble

So, the six fast weeks back home in California is now over. I gave up on doing the salad-a-days, junk food just tasted too good. Work was good, the sun was great, besides the one hiccup of getting sick for a week and my gym routine getting sort of thrown out of whack, it has been a great summer. Its really crazy to see that four months have nearly passed since I walked out of my last final in Econ and breathed a sigh of relief in what was the most busy semester thus far. I'm hoping to take that semester and flip it upside down and have an easy going semester in London, and not worry too much about the humungo thrashing my wallet is going to get. As I get packing for my three months abroad I feel exactly the same way as I did in New York. Miss it, had a blast, felt good to be in a different place, had to leave right when I begin to settle down and get comfortable.

The feelings that I had when I left New York now evolved to my longing to leaving California. I was getting used to the quiet life, running outside in the hills, driving wherever with the window down and enjoying the fresh air. It was nice to be home, to sleep on my own bed, to have home cooking, to have good Mexican food, to have the things that make home so ....home-y.

I had a deal with myself to try to finish playing GTA IV before I leave for London, but I don't think I can finish it. I think I have about six or so hours left of gameplay in the game and I'm just not in the state of mind to finish it. I've spent the last thirty minutes just looking outside, looking at the green trees, the blue sky, the cool wind blowing through my window. It was so weird, a few weeks ago I was not used to such quiet, and now I have finally gotten back around to enjoying the nice, slow-paced, quiet life.

Realistically speaking, I'm only going to be in London for three months. I am hoping that I have a blast and get opportunities to travel and watch some English Premier League matches. I shouldn't get too emotional about it, but I think its a knack I have for places that I get comfortable in, I don't want to leave. I didn't have this same feeling last year when I spent the summer back home, probably because I spent four months back home and was ready for the hustle and bussle of New York. I was only here for six weeks, and I was just hitting the groove in really just loving the suburban life all over again. The round of goodbyes and "lasts for a few months" have come and gone, all I can do now is look forward to the UK and Europe. Flight is tomorrow afternoon, time to pack more. Hopefully I remember socks.

No comments: