Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Musical Reconnaissance

Update on what I've been listening to lately. Mostly stuff picked up on the radio and stuff that is catchy. And by catch I don't mean M.I.A "Paper Airplanes", I can't stand that song. Any chorus that doesn't have words and has sound bytes instead does not deserve to be on the radio. Anywhere, here are some good stuff that you should bless your ears with:

The Raconteurs

Jack White lends his vocals to this band, really cool, different kind of rock sort of.

Flobots

One of maybe three "rap" type music artists that I have on my iPod. Highly political, but very good.

Rebelution

These guys are from Santa Barbara and bring in that Ska music ala Sublime, Less Than Jake, Slightly Stoopid that bring in that Long Beach punk rock flavor. Really good stuff.

Weezer

This song is so catchy I can't get it off my iPod. Weezer's new album is rocking, not bad at all.

And in light of my latest revisiting of Ska music I've started listening to much more Rebelution and Sublime. Man, even though they've been gone for so long their stuff still rocks. I love their songs, have some great stories behind them. Any Sublime collection is not complete without What I Got:

No comments: