Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time to Retire the Storage Box


This weekend marked the retirement of my 300GB Maxtor One Touch external hard drive. This guy has served me for 4 years without ever missing a beat and going through all the torture I put it through, whether it was editing videos, playing music, putting games on it, editing photos. I've dropped it, carried it around the world, tripped power chords and it has still stayed alive. It was time, I needed more space to put in media and I had an inkling that he was feeling tired and was about to blow any day. And with the given deals at the local computer supply store I couldn't resist getting a new one.


So this weekend I bought the new baby, a new external storage unit. Basically when my suitemate last year had 3 1TB Western Digital drives stacked above his computer, I knew that my hard drive felt insignificant. It was time for an upgrade and I finally got the time this summer to get myself a new Seagate FreeAgent. I was really looking forward to getting a 1TB drive myself, but the marginal price difference between 750GB and 1TB was staggering, and I felt the 250GB I can sacrifice. Anyway, I wonder if this guy can last the 4 years that the Maxtor has. We shall see. After finally reformating the entire thing (shitty OEM software) to FAT32 so I can use it on my notebook and Windows PC's, I'll let you know when I fill up the drive.



PS. I promise to write a serious post, I just haven't gotten around to finding the time. Too encompassed in getting Niko Bellic out of the drug game and making his own straight cash.





No comments: